- Save up to 20 gallons per leak per day of wasted water by fixing leaks in your sprinkler system.
- Adjust outdoor sprinkler systems so they don’t spray on sidewalks and patios, this will help eliminate up to 25 gallons per minute of wasted water.
- Remember to install a water recycling system if your home or business maintains decorative fountains or ponds.
- Garden and landscape watering should be done before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m., this way less water will be wasted through evaporation. This can save up to 25 gallons of water usage per day.
- Install a smart irrigation controller that automatically waters plants based on the weather conditions and soil moisture.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Simple Ways to Reduce Yard Water Use
The Pasadena Department of Water and Power determined that residential customers use approximately 112 gallons per day per person, much of which is being used ineffectively by wasteful outdoor watering methods.